Thursday, March 3, 2011

The speaking pen and other tweets.

Single digit growth, double digit inflation and triple digit corruption, the fruits of our development will never reach the poor.” What an idea Sirjii!
I drink because it makes my wife’s friends "less boring"!

One more year slips away & the loneliness grows in me as my fancies turn to rust. The spotlight shifts to the spider weaving my web of tomorrow, withered folds, arthritis, and dementia; did I have too much to drink? Although my body appears in place, my consciousness is not. (The day after)

“Valentine’s Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a bad shot Cupid really is.” He misses the mark and we down the wrong bird.” Love may not make the world go round, but Alcohol certainly does”

“I wanted to make it really special on Valentines Day, so I will tie my daughter and wife, and for three solid hours I will watch whatever I want to on TV.” No more Uttaran, Splitsvilla, Roadies, Ladho, Jhalak Dikla Ja or friends….

The Empire is dead, Europe& (Euro) is crumbling, USA is recovering from a sub prime fiasco, the sun has set in Japan, Dubai is sinking, Pyramids are shattering and China can’t copy English, How the rest was lost. Is this the end game for progress and prosperity/price of development???

In a world where hand written letters are replaced with e-mails click, delete Ctrl… instant gratification….communication is the death of distance. My pen will write its own epitaph!

The Colonnade is a place where officers and gentleman go to escape from their wives.

Arun Nayar tried to miraculously transplant the Indian "curry" passion in to the weedy/seedy British soul of Liz Hurley during their stormy marriage, but the twist in the tale is her romp with spinner Shane Warne and the tabloids can "spin" another yarn!!!

Mallika Sherawat after Hiss got a complete makeover, silicone enhancement & all but is under I.T. Dept's scanner as they say that her assets are disproportionate to her genetic inheritance and wants to investigate her unknown sources of income, while she unaware of this is socializing in L.A. where she can put her large breasts to good use.

Like the Libyan who was caught smoking a reefer (marijuana) while fleeing stated~ that he would rather be stoned than go back to his wife in Libya! -Gaddafi tales-

The immigration officer (ninad's father) at Bombay airport was surprised that he couldn't recognize the face on the photo in the passport of the Omani's wife because it was covered by a veil as is the Arab custom!

Somali pirates are enlisting the naval officers, bureaucrats & tainted politicians of Adarsh scam, as they feel the long experience of these men in looting the public and other criminal indiscretions will be an added advantage and can help them to expand their trade overseas.

True love of nature no longer exists because the artisan level of reality is gone forever. It is a virtual world of Xerox symbols, virtual landscapes, soulless streets of tall glass buildings, a solitary wild flower which survived the onslaught sways merrily, quite unsure of its place in the visual diary of everyday life in a metro.

Out of these 5 religions Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Judaism, & Alcoholism I am an ardent follower of the last!

Without tension how can life exist???

The only things that grow in Mumbai are the hoardings, each larger than the other, proclaiming birthdays of politicians and the beautiful shade giving trees and tall pines were mercilessly chopped to support these ugly billboards & digital signages.

Vice and virtue is also a relationship-a play between pleasure (attachment) and renunciation (detachment).

Since I can't afford Botox I am using my wife's vanishing cream on my face, to hide my worry lines and crow feet.

In the end, only things matter the most: How fully you lived, how deeply you loved, how much wisdom you have gathered & how well you learned to let go of things not meant for you!

Original tweets--Xanadu

No comments:

Post a Comment