Sunday, December 9, 2012

A letter……………..oops! Post to Santa Claus.

Dear Santa, I want to take this opportunity, before time and our common mortality, robs me of the chance to thank you, St Nicholas for all the gifts you have been showering on all of us as children. Xmas might ring in earlier, courtesy global warming, hurricane Sandy and climate change, causing Ice in the North Pole to melt. Yuletide and your feast on 6th December will be a low profile affair as the buying spree is subdued due to recession. I know you are known for your secret acts of charity and love. So shower your munificence on the homeless and jobless who were caught in the wake of depression and hurricane. I have kept my X’Mas gift request to the bare minimum just an I Phone 4S with artificial intelligence, as whatever IQ -I was born with has been diluted by Face book. The iPhone has a million applications that does everything very well except the phone part. The $ 4 per gallon of gasoline must be crimping everyone’s lives; thank god you stuck to your reindeer (games) transportation. Take a detour from Wall Street as it is congested with protestors. Oh yeah! please throw in a bottle of Jack Daniels too Ho Ho! The turkey I can steal from the farm. This yuletide is your season, like Toy Story we all have been lucky to run along behind you picking up all the goodies you drop in the socks. It is a little scary to think that in future instead of this letter our requests will have to be sent via internet on Face book, Google and Twitter. As twitter restricts the no of characters the shopping list will be small and you can process it online. I am happy that I lived in a time where the reindeer's and buffaloes roamed. - Vinay-

No comments:

Post a Comment