Monday, October 15, 2012

Get a New Life!

As Romain Rolland stated” If there is one place on the face of earth, where all the dreams of living men have found a spiritual home from the very earliest days - when man began the dream of existence it is India”. I don’t have a Phd in philosophy nor do I subsist on Red Bull or Sushi - but I would go to any lengths to protect my wine, women, alcohol and marijuana addiction. Yet at times I think that nothing else has the worshipped purity of this feeling. I would rather die from pleasure than renounce all these delight or convalesce in a hospital because my liver is not on talking terms with me. I must defend this enormity of desperate sensuous tenderness, which like the world is my birth right. I too have shed many avatars in this life- student, lover and parent- discarding one body after another, since all of them were misfits in this world. Now with the sunrise I want a new opportunity by offering a clean slate to record my life… and legacy. Alcohol and opium are the closest things to Nirvana. It leaves no impression on the soul – somewhat like bliss or happiness, which likewise passes in a vague state through memory and leaves no trace. It is neither wise nor good to start a new life with too much thought…. If you lack freedom, you cannot give it to others. People experience a causeless fear and an undefined guilt, which they cannot explain or get rid of, because of their unanswered questions. –Vinay-

No comments:

Post a Comment