Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Don’t Like to Sleep Alone.

Now everyone sleeps with a Blackberry, iPad or laptop strewn across his bed. We are caught in the wonderment at the new technologies, a novel astonishment as we navigate the labyrinthine pathways of virtual reality. The question is how do we connect our minds to this enticingly bizarre world? It’s uncanny – not truth, beauty or goodness an internet, boom, boon and bane. Though I would have liked to have my mistress beside me on bed, my punishing workload meant I could not find time to make love to her. Between the last text message, e-mail, twitter and FB chats, I can’t even summon a twitter of erotic emotion. Now I realize how those celibate popes, cardinals, priests and bankers must have lived. Pitiless people who died of exhaustion caused by long hours, with recreational sex reduced to only day dreams. Philosophers are physically strong with plenty of creative sexual energy, and are susceptible to sensory stimulation and intoxication. A woman’s sensuality is so evident, so irresistible that they experience a vertiginous sensation an expression of human passion. Those who embrace celibacy finally sink into their graves with their senses and hearts unsatisfied. There is no greater disaster in the spiritual life than to be immersed in unreality, for life is maintained and nourished in us by our vital relation with realities outside and above us. When our life feeds on unreality, it must starve. For those who are chaste and try to overcome their dominant and basic instincts there is bound to be an overheating of the sexual system, which is generally sublimated in prayer. In a world full of pain and misery we must reserve some time for sensual pleasures in a world full of fine things - we must get rid of negative thoughts as there is no greater sin than denial, because then there is no light and no vision. The ability to exist in uncertainties, mysteries, and doubts is the way to love and die fully satiated like the man who loves a stiff drink and a roll in the hay.

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I should check things out.

    I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to finding out about your web
    page for a second time.

    Here is my web-site ... Dark Angel

    ReplyDelete