Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mento memoria

One more year slips away & the loneliness grows in me as my fancies begin to rust. The spotlight shifts to the spider weaving my web of tomorrow, withered folds, arthritis of the soul, and dementia; what happens when you are no longer the cynosure of people around you, when most of your life and passions are spent? All your friends will disappear; you are alone on the return journey from the holiday of life. Time the psychological enemy of man is now waiting for you, hangs around heavily like an old friend. You nurse a drink reflect on your signature moments, hoping that time will move faster, it does not, a sense of emptiness and desolation envelopes you, suffocating you and surrounding you. You look back on your life and try to remember the past glory, the corner office, the corporate power play, the VIP lounge. Did I have too much to drink? Although my body appears in place, my consciousness is not! I try to recall my signature moments as I ride into the sunset. Can I reclaim my life? Of course I’ll find a new passion, addiction or love, indulge in it, lap it up, and go in search of adventure, gun my SUV and drive into the new horizon. -Vinay-

No comments:

Post a Comment